Wednesday, October 17, 2012

All the Things that I have Learned

11 Things Learned from ACC 255
In this blog I am going to list some valuable information which I learned in half a semester while taking the ACC 255 course.
  • Blogging is Easy-The set up in creating a blog is free, straightforward, and in many ways just plain easy. The most diffcult aspect lies in the writing of the blogs themself, but after some practice even that is not bad.
  • Creating a Website- Using webs.com we were guided on how to create a basic web presence whith an About Me, Contact Us, Pillar Article Pages, a Purpose and Privacy Policy Page.
  • Privacy Policies can be Generated- The daunting task of creating a Privacy Policy is erased with the use of free online tools, making it easy to make a quick and legal website.
  • Understanding CafePress- This course not only introduced me to the online startup retailer service, but it enhanced my understanding of it as well. As a result of this course I know how to create a customizable product which is open to be purchased by the public.
  • The Workings of SEO- Not only did I learn the workings of Search Engine Optimaztion, but I learned how the spider, index, and query software work together to promote active sites.
  • Keeping the Blog Active- As easy as it was to create a blog, finding topics to generate more topics could get tricky in starting out. As a result of ACC 255 I learned how to create product review, reccomendations, link posts, and list posts in order keep my blog active.
  • The Importance of Linking- In learning all the creative ways in order to establish a web presence, one of the most beneficial bits of knowledge I recieved included linking these presences together. In doing so, all these different presences create a wealthy network.
  • Creating a Company Online- Not only did ACC 255 introduce me to the tools, but it also exposed me to the factors required in order to create an online company. Now I am able to both establish a presence, but continually update it with relevant information.
  • What's A Widget?- From this course I learned of the benefits of creating an online widget in order protect one's personal email account from hackers and spam.
  • Sneeze Page- Less gross than it sounds, ACC 255 exposed me to the imortance of a sneeze page and creating a blog post which references all the past blogs created.
  • Online Advertising- From this course I have learned all the metrics involved in determing the success of online advertising such as the click activity, ROI, and amount of impressions an online advertisement has.
In addition to all these cool things, most importantly I learned how to create a cool Flamingo Mug, check it out:
http://0bullbiz.webs.com/midtermskillsquiz

For a more traditional source of starting a blog, see the book:
ProBlogger



No comments:

Post a Comment